Everything is centered around the walnut - the central tree in the yard - which has provided shade and protection to the Anderlič family for almost 200 years; the tree was planted in 1819 when a nearby barn received a brand new roof. The walnut also merges the whole architectural creation into one combined unit. A domestic farmyard with fountain is located where the daily life of the former owner of the estate took place. In the summer the shade of the walnut used to cool people off and in the winter a furnace in the house used to warm them up. During the renovation in 2005 all the tiles were removed very carefully from the existing furnaces. Based on the existing patterns new ones were made; nowadays the furnaces are located in the “big house” as well as the “small house”. When the first signs of the tree drying up were shown in 2006, special drains were drilled into the courtyard pavement, which gave the tree oxygen and necessary moisture. Thus the walnut continues to grow on the estate today.
The interior pavement inside the house, the restaurant, the wine cellar, the equestrian club and a part of the exterior pavement in the courtyard are made from existing stone from the estate. Upon the excavation of soil for a basement in 2005 this stone was uncovered, cut, formatted and brushed - for reuse in the interior space. Upon restoration the whole wooden ceiling construction was removed and replaced with a concrete plate. A wooden joist was sent for dendrological testing to the biotechnical faculty, University of Ljubljana to determine the age. The chestnut and oak position analysis revealed the actual age of the wood, which was cut down in 1649 and integrated in the ceiling construction in 1650. Today it is part of a beam with an adequate certificate, which is on display in the lobby of the old house directly at the entrance. All beams of the old ceiling were sawn down and from them the carpenter made front doors with doorframes and all interior doors of the old house. Inside the house on the front wall a tabernacle was built with a Madona and child from the mid-18th century (the work came from the famous South Tyrolean carving workshop); the Madona constantly watches over the estate and its visitors.
Opposite the old house lies the former barn or today’s restaurant with 60 seats. This is visually linked to the fold for horses - a guest in the restaurant can literally watch horses over the glass and feel their energy. The restaurant leads to the wine cellar, which is decorated with a wooden sculpture of St. Martin on horseback from the 18th century. The wine cellar revives the tradition of wine estates and districts, and it’s filled with top class Slovenian and world wines; originating from Australia, South Africa, Argentina, North America and Europe. Besides St. Martin, the wine pledges of Hilari Anderlič also hang on the wall for all to see, from 1612 in the City Council of Ljubljana - Ljubljana wine keeper and citizen, ancestor of the current owners of the estate. Blacksmith fetters in the wine cellar, the lights in the restaurant and suites, as well as locks and keys are all the work of the local master blacksmith's dying craft.
From the restaurant with a wine cellar we move on to the guest chalets. The guest chalets are noted by the quality of a local blacksmith (carpentry) and carpenter crafts (furniture made from local spruce wood). The chalets are built along the pattern of rural rustic architectural heritage of past centuries from the Dolenjska region; one-third of the chalet is built of stone/brick and two-thirds are out of wood - made from dried spruce wood, and inside treated with beeswax. The chalets are covered up with wooden shingles and have wooden shutters and wooden gutters which is nowadays extremely rare. The site encompasses 6 suites with one bedroom and 3 with two bedrooms. They are all heated, as is the whole estate, with a system of wood chips from local forests. Heating equipment and machinery for work on the property is located in the adjacent building next to the horse track.
Between the equestrian club (former cycle workshop for wagons, barrels and mill) and today's toilets (former pigsty) stands a majestic hayrack - a double hayrack from 1884. This hayrack replaced the former one, which was knocked down by a storm due to its rotten wood. The double hayrack was brought from Šmartno pri Litiji, where it was also exhibited, reassembled at its new location on the property and renewed in its full splender. The mighty hayrack consists of two floors, which is unique even for Slovenia - the country of hayracks. With its frontal placement in space, it faces the central courtyard and expresses welcome to all visitors of the Pule Estate.